Orientation Advisors are the heart of the on-campus orientation program, assisting new students and their guests in their transition to USC.
In addition to experiencing the excitement of introducing new students to the Trojan Family, Orientation Advisors expand their resume by working as part of a team of student leaders and building strong leadership and communication skills.
All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to be an Orientation Advisor. We look for students in all class levels and from all majors.
The application period to be a 2017-2018 Orientation Advisor has ended.
- Applications Close: October 3
- Group Interviews: October 10-21
- Individual Interviews: October 27-November 4
- Offers Finalized: November 18
Commitments for 2017-2018
- Spring Semester Training: Fridays, 2:00-4:00 p.m., February 3-April 14
- Summer Training: May 24-June 7
- Summer Orientation: June 8-August 15
- Welcome Week: August 16-25
- Winter Orientation: December 4-5, January 3-4
- Spring Welcome Week: January 4-12
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders support the off-campus orientation programs by assisting with check-in, mingling with guests, and supporting students and advisors with course registration.
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders are USC undergraduate students who will be in the area of our off-campus orientations during the summer. We are looking for students from all majors.
Click here to go to the Off -Campus Orientation Leader Application. We are accepting applications for New York Off-Campus Orientation Leaders until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 24.
- Applications Close: March 16, 2017
*Deadline extended to March 24 for students interested in working at the New York programs*
- Group Interviews: March 20-24
- Offers Finalized: March 31
Commitments for Summer 2017
- Friday, April 21, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 28, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Event date from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Event Dates & Locations
- San Jose, CA: Saturday, June 3
- Beijing, China: Tuesday, June 13
- Shanghai, China: Thursday, June 15
- Hong Kong: Saturday, June 17
- New York, NY: Saturday, June 24
- New York, NY: Sunday, June 25
- Chicago, IL: Saturday, July 8
- Dallas, TX: Saturday, July 8
The Front Desk staff serves as the front line for the Office of Orientation Programs. Front Desk student staff are responsible for answering telephones, greeting guests and responding to questions regarding orientation and USC. Our Front Desk staff has the responsibility of working with the University community as well as students and parents from all over the world.
Front Desk staff work part-time based on their availability during the academic year during regular business hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m.). There are also opportunities to work in the summer if you will be staying in Los Angeles.
Priority is given to applicants with work study but work study is not required.
We are not currently accepting applications for Front Desk staff.
Graduate Assistants are para-professional staff who assist the Orientation professional staff in a variety of aspects, including Orientation Advisor training, program development and execution, and assessment and evaluation. Graduate Assistants are typically students from Rossier School of Education Master’s programs. The application and interview process is conducted through the Rossier Preview Day.