1. Complete Your Reservation
In order to begin the Welcome Trojans program, you first must reserve your spot. Check out our step-by-step walkthrough of how to do this.
2. Review Blackboard Checklist
Access Blackboard from your myUSC portal.
Complete your Pre-Registration Checklist and Academic Department requirements, which will be important as you prepare for course registration. It is in Blackboard that you will learn when and how you will meet your academic advisor. Your academic advising appointment, whether individual or in a small group, is scheduled separately from your Trojan 101 and Trojan 102 sessions. Academic Advising appointments are essential to assuring you have a successful course registration. Be certain to review your department’s folder in Blackboard after completing the Pre-Registration Checklist for your specific advising details. Also, be sure to stay tuned for student engagement opportunities and updates via the Trojan Engagement Center.
3. Participate in Welcome Trojans Events
The following are all vital and exciting components of the Welcome Trojans program. Don’t forget to sign up—there is no limit to the number of events you can attend! These events are separate from your Academic Advising appointment.
- RSVP for Trojan 101 and Trojan 102 within your Welcome Trojans reservation.
- Sign up for OA Chats via the Trojan Engagement Center on Blackboard.
Join a live interactive Zoom webinar that will take you through USC’s most crucial resources and remarkable student experiences. Learn from six of our USC experts—Orientation Advisors—as they answer your questions and share their own experiences along the way!
Meet other new students in a small group Zoom session facilitated by Orientation Advisors. In addition to meeting your fellow students, you’ll have the opportunity to ask your Orientation Advisor questions and participate in a fun group activity!
Sign up for a 15-minute Zoom chat with an Orientation Advisor for a one-on-one opportunity to ask all your questions about USC, classes, and your own personal interests. OAs are experts on everything USC and can refer you to hundreds of different resources available to USC students.
Download our custom Orientation virtual backgrounds on the Blackboard – Trojan Engagement Center (see example above) and learn how to setup your USC Zoom account (video below)!
4. Prepare for Course Registration
Course registration is a window of time during which you will register for your first semester courses. Be sure to do the following before your course registration window:
- Be on the lookout for updates sent to your USC email account. This will be the official channel to receive information from the Office of Orientation Programs and your academic department.
- Complete the Pre-Registration Checklist on Blackboard (including the Pre-Advising Worksheet and any necessary Placement Exams).
- Review the Academic Department folder in Blackboard.
- Submit your official transcripts to Admission.
- Check OASIS through myUSC for any holds preventing course registration.
- Watch the tutorials below to learn about Transfer Credit Reports and the USC Web Registration process.
- Set a reminder for course registration.
- Check your internet connection before starting your course registration process.