Is it mandatory to attend Graduate Orientation?

We highly recommend attending Graduate Orientation so you can familiarize yourself with the campus and take care of university business.

Can I bring a guest to Graduate Orientation?

Guests are welcome to attend with you; however we do not offer any guest-specific programming during Graduate Orientation.

Does Graduate Orientation include course registration?

No, Graduate Orientation does not include course registration. You should work directly with your academic department and advisor on your course registration.

What is the difference between Graduate Orientation at the University Park Campus (UPC) and the Health Sciences Campus (HSC)?

The HSC Graduate Orientation is targeted to the needs of students who are admitted to programs that hold their courses on that campus.

What is the difference between Graduate Orientation and an orientation offered by my department?

Graduate Orientation addresses the campus-wide programs and services available to graduate students. Your department orientation will focus on the specifics of your department. We recommend you attend both.

Is there a fee to attend Graduate Orientation?

There is no up-front fee to attend Graduate Orientation. A $55 New Student Fee is assessed to your fee bill to help cover the cost of Graduate Orientation.

I haven’t received a welcome email from Orientation, what should I do?

Contact our office at or (213) 740-7767 for assistance.

Where do I park for Graduate Orientation?

For the University Park Campus, park in the Royal Street Structure. Enter at the McClintock Avenue Entrance.

For the Health Sciences Campus, park in the Biggy Street Parking Structure.

Is there housing for Graduate Orientation?

On-campus housing is not available for Graduate Orientation. If you need housing during graduate orientation, there are many hotels near the USC University Park Campus.

What is Passport Verification? How do I complete it?

All new international students are required to complete Passport Verification (PPV) with the Office of International Services (OIS) upon arrival to the US. PPV is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at USC for the upcoming academic semester. For more information, please visit the Passport Verification page on the Office of International Services website.

Am I able to apply for USC-owned housing during the academic year?

USC offers graduate student housing in smaller off-campus apartment buildings north of the University Park Campus. You can view a list of these facilities on the USC Housing Building Search page.

To apply for USC Housing, please visit Graduate students are assigned on a space-available basis in the order their housing applications were received.

Students interested in non-USC owned housing near the University Park Campus are encouraged to utilize to search for options.

How do I find my way around campus?

For an interactive campus map, please visit This map will allow you to search for specific various offices and resources.