Off-Campus Orientation Leaders support the three off-campus orientation programs in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong by assisting with check-in, mingling with guests, and supporting students and academic advisors with course registration.
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders are USC undergraduate students who will be in the area of our off-campus orientations during the summer. We are looking for students from all majors.
Please fill out the online application to be considered for the position.
Key Dates 2019
- Application Available: February 8, 2019
- Applications Close: March 7, 2019
- Group Interviews: March 18-22, 2019
- Offers Finalized: March 27, 2019
Commitments for Summer 2019
- April 19, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- April 26, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Orientation Leader Headshots: April 30, time TBD
- Event date from approximately 7:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Event Dates & Locations
- Beijing, China: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Shanghai, China: Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Hong Kong: Saturday, June 15, 2019
Orientation Advisors are the heart of the on-campus orientation program, assisting new students and their guests in their transition to USC.
In addition to experiencing the excitement of introducing new students to the Trojan Family, Orientation Advisors expand their resume by working as part of a team of student leaders and building strong leadership and communication skills.
All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to be an Orientation Advisor. We look for students in all class levels and from all majors.
The application period for 2019-2020 has ended. Please fill out the interest form to receive information when we are hiring again.
Hiring Process 2019-2020
- Applications Close: October 4 at 11:59 PM
- First Round Interviews: October 8-16
- Second Round Interviews: October 29-November 2
- Final Round Interviews: November 6-9
- Offers Finalized: November 28
Commitments for 2019-2020
- Spring Semester Training: Fridays, 2:00-4:30 p.m., February 1-April 12
- Summer Training: May 22-June 5
- Summer Orientation: June 6-August 20
- Welcome Week: August 21-29
- Winter Orientation: December 9-10, January 7-9
- Spring Welcome Week: January 10-16
The Office of Orientation Programs welcomes inquiries regarding fieldwork opportunities. Many of our fieldwork projects relate to data collection, program assessment, and evaluation results. Current USC graduate students interested in fieldwork should contact Christine D’Arcy to discuss available opportunities.