Orientation Advisors are the heart of the on-campus orientation program, assisting new students and their guests in their transition to USC.
In addition to experiencing the excitement of introducing new students to the Trojan Family, Orientation Advisors expand their resume by working as part of a team of student leaders and building strong leadership and communication skills.
All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to be an Orientation Advisor. We look for students in all class levels and from all majors.
The application period for 2020-2021 has ended. Please fill out the interest form to receive information when we are hiring again.
Hiring Process 2020-2021
- Applications Open: September 3 at 12:00 AM
- Applications Close: September 30 at 11:59 PM
- First Round Interviews: October 3-11
- Second Round Interviews: October 25-31
- Final Round Interviews: November 4-8
- Offers Finalized: November 18
Commitments for 2020-2021
- Spring Semester Training: Fridays, 2:00-4:30 p.m., January 31-April 10, 2020
- Summer Training: June 1-16, 2020
- Summer Orientation: June 17-August 18, 2020
- Welcome Week: August 19-29, 2020
- Winter Orientation: December 7-8, 2020 and January 6-7, 2021
- Spring Welcome Week: January 8-15, 2021
Thank you for your interest in the Off-Campus Orientation Leader position. At this time, we would like to share an update regarding the status of this position. With the current travel restrictions and advisories in effect, we may be altering our off campus Orientation events for June. Given that fact, we have decided not to hire student staffing for these events.
We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the application and your enthusiasm to assist your fellow Trojans as they start their academic journey at the university. Please check back for future work opportunities with the Office of Orientation Programs.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (213) 740-7767 or email@example.com.
The Office of Orientation Programs welcomes inquiries regarding fieldwork opportunities. Our fieldwork opportunities relate to data collection, program assessment, and evaluation results. Graduate students interested in fieldwork should contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a meeting to discuss possibilities.
USC hosts two graduate students each summer from late May to late July as part of the NODA Internship Program. Interested candidates should apply through the NODA Internship Portal. Interns must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer.