Orientation Advisors are the heart of the on-campus orientation program, assisting new students and their guests in their transition to USC.
In addition to experiencing the excitement of introducing new students to the Trojan Family, Orientation Advisors expand their resume by working as part of a team of student leaders and building strong leadership and communication skills.
All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to be an Orientation Advisor. We look for students in all class levels and from all majors.
The application period for 2018-2019 Orientation Advisors has closed.
- Applications Close: October 2
- Group Interviews: October 12-20
- Individual Interviews: October 27-November 3
- Offers Finalized: November 15
Commitments for 2018-2019
- Spring Semester Training: Fridays, 2:00-4:00 p.m., February 2-April 13
- Summer Training: May 23-June 6
- Summer Orientation: June 7-August 14
- Welcome Week: August 15-24
- Winter Orientation: December 3-4, January 2-4
- Spring Welcome Week: January 4-11
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders support the off-campus orientation programs by assisting with check-in, mingling with guests, and supporting students and advisors with course registration.
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders are USC undergraduate students who will be in the area of our off-campus orientations during the summer. We are looking for students from all majors.
The application period for the 2018 Off-Campus Orientation Leader position will open in February 2018.
- Applications Close: March 15, 2018
- Group Interviews: March 19-23, 2018
- Offers Finalized: March 30, 2018
Commitments for Summer 2018
- Event date from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Event Dates & Locations
- Beijing, China: Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- Shanghai, China: Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Hong Kong: Saturday, June 16, 2018
The Front Desk staff serves as the front line for the Office of Orientation Programs. Front Desk student staff are responsible for answering telephones, greeting guests and responding to questions regarding orientation and USC. Our Front Desk staff has the responsibility of working with the University community as well as students and parents from all over the world.
Front Desk staff work part-time based on their availability during the academic year during regular business hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m.). There are also opportunities to work in the summer if you will be staying in Los Angeles.
Priority is given to applicants with work study but work study is not required.
We are not currently accepting applications for Front Desk staff.
Graduate Assistants are para-professional staff who assist the Orientation professional staff in a variety of aspects, including Orientation Advisor training, program development and execution, and assessment and evaluation. Graduate Assistants are typically students from Rossier School of Education Master’s programs. The application and interview process is conducted through the Rossier Preview Day.
Current USC graduate students interested in fieldwork with the Office of Orientation Programs should contact Christine D’Arcy to discuss fieldwork opportunities.