Orientation Advisors are the heart of the on-campus orientation program, assisting new students and their guests in their transition to USC.
In addition to experiencing the excitement of introducing new students to the Trojan Family, Orientation Advisors expand their resume by working as part of a team of student leaders and building strong leadership and communication skills.
All undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to be an Orientation Advisor. We look for students in all class levels and from all majors.
Hiring Process 2020-2021
- Applications Open: September 3 at 12:00 AM
- Applications Close: September 30 at 11:59 PM
- First Round Interviews: October 3-11
- Second Round Interviews: October 25-31
- Final Round Interviews: November 4-8
- Offers Finalized: November 18
Commitments for 2020-2021
- Spring Semester Training: Fridays, 2:00-4:30 p.m., January 31-April 10, 2020
- Summer Training: June 1-16, 2020
- Summer Orientation: June 17-August 18, 2020
- Welcome Week: August 19-29, 2020
- Winter Orientation: December 7-8, 2020 and January 6-7, 2021
- Spring Welcome Week: January 8-15, 2021
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders support the three off-campus orientation programs in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong by assisting with check-in, mingling with guests, and supporting students and academic advisors with course registration.
Off-Campus Orientation Leaders are USC undergraduate students who will be in the area of our off-campus orientations during the summer. We are looking for students from all majors.
The application period for summer 2019 has ended. Please fill out the interest form to receive information when we are hiring again.
Key Dates 2019
- Application Available: February 8, 2019
- Applications Close: March 7, 2019
- Group Interviews: March 18-22, 2019
- Offers Finalized: March 27, 2019
Commitments for Summer 2019
- April 19, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- April 26, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Orientation Leader Headshots: April 30, time TBD
- Event date from approximately 7:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Event Dates & Locations
- Beijing, China: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Shanghai, China: Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Hong Kong: Saturday, June 15, 2019
The Office of Orientation Programs welcomes inquiries regarding fieldwork opportunities. Our fieldwork opportunities relate to data collection, program assessment, and evaluation results. Graduate students interested in fieldwork should contact our office at email@example.com to set-up a meeting to discuss possibilities.
USC hosts two graduate students each summer from late May to late July as part of the NODA Internship Program. Interested candidates should apply through the NODA Internship Portal. Interns must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer.