Please bring the following items with you:
- Laptop or tablet and charger for course registration.
- Casual attire, jacket, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Backpack or book bag.
- Math and Chemistry placement exam results.
- Transcripts of all college coursework.
- For the Foreign Language Placement Exam:
- Driver’s license or similar photo I.D.
- USC ID number.
If you have questions about your Financial Aid Summary, or your financial aid application is not yet complete, bring any necessary financial documents and/or correspondence.
International students should also bring the following items required to complete Passport Verification (PPV). PPV must be completed in order to receive your USCard.
Located near the cultural center of Exposition Park and just minutes from Downtown Los Angeles, the USC University Park Campus (UPC) is easily accessible by major freeways and public transportation. The area also offers a number of hotels and dining options.
Transportation to and from the airports is available by:
- Lyft and Uber
- Ride-sharing services are available in LAX’s upper (Departures) level and in the Short-Term parking structure at Burbank Bob Hope Airport. Uber will add a $3 airport fee to the fare.
- Cost may vary depending on demand. In most cases, a ride will cost approximately $30.
- One-way fare costs approximately $50.
- Look for the signs in the Ground Transportation areas of each terminal (outside Baggage Claim).
- Shuttle Bus Services
If traveling by shuttle service, please remember to make reservations for your return trip to the airport following Orientation.
Give the following address to your driver for the quickest route to USC: 635 McCarthy Way Los Angeles, CA 90089.
USC is also accessible via several bus and rail lines, including the Expo Line, which connects the university to both Downtown Los Angeles and the city’s Westside. For more information, please visit www.metro.net.
Enter campus at the McClintock Avenue Entrance (Gate 5), located at Jefferson Boulevard and McClintock Avenue. Let the gate attendant know you are attending Orientation. You will be given a parking pass and instructed to park in the Royal Street Structure (Parking Structure D).
There is no additional charge for parking, and your pass will be valid for the duration of Orientation.