Changing Majors as a USC Student

Academic Counseling Services
Resources for Undecided, Undeclared, and Students-in-Transition Advising

Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
Students are able to declare any major in the Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences (except for International Relations Global Business, which requires an admission process). To declare a major, discuss your intent with the academic advisor of your desired major. You can also ask your current academic advisor to refer you to the new major.

Humanities majors academic advisors
Natural Sciences majors academic advisors
Social Sciences majors academic advisors

Professional Schools
Students wishing to change their major to one a professional school typically need to complete an internal admission process. Click on the school to learn more about their internal admission/change of major process.

Leventhal School of Accounting
School of Architecture (Click on Current USC Students)
Roski School of Art and Design
Iovine and Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation (Look for Internal USC Transfer Applicants)
Marshall School of Business
School of Cinematic Arts (Current USC Transfer Student options)
Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Kaufman School of Dance
School of Dramatic Arts
Viterbi School of Engineering
Davis School of Gerontology
Keck School of Medicine
Thornton School of Music
Price School of Public Policy: Public Policy & Urban Studies majors
Price School of Public Policy: Real Estate Development majors

The following publications will assist you with your transition to the Trojan Family. We recommend reviewing these publications both before and after your Orientation session.